FCPA Made Simple CourseAuthor: TrainingABC
A thorough breakdown of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, this course will ensure that your employees understand the law and avoid violations that result in civil and criminal penalties.
This course covers:
- Bribes and kickbacks to government officials.
- What constitutes a bribe or kickback.
- How bribery and other unfair practices also inflate the cost of doing business thus affecting the economy overall.
- How the law effects either businesses or individuals.
- How it's illegal to assist another person who breaks the law.
- How the act makes it illegal to promise bribes or kickbacks even if they are never actually given.
- How bribes that do not result in an unfair advantage are still illegal.
- How intent is the most important aspect of the law.
- How the law covers consultants, advisors or university employees who provide services for the government.
- How many businesses in foreign countries are actually run by the government.
- How compliance is required whether conducting business on U.S. soil or abroad.
- How the law applies to any company representative including its owners, directors, board members and agents.
- How foreign companies or individuals who engage in bribery schemes within the United States may be prosecuted.
- The facilitating payments exemption.
- The danger of third-party agents.
- How foreign attorneys are the most dangerous third-party agents.
- The importance of clear, concise communication.
- Accurate and honest recordkeeping.
- Internationally recognized and accepted accounting procedures otherwise known as GAAP.
- The consequences of violating the law.
- The role of the Department of Justice and the SEC in enforcement
- The role of investigative journalists
- How the majority of violations are uncovered by professional consultants such as accountants or lawyers during corporate reviews.
- The importance of self reporting if violations are found internally.
- How other violations such as money laundering or wire and mail fraud are often found in FCPA investigations.
- How 50% of FCPA cases open today are against individual business persons or agents.
- How the U.S. Government rarely loses FCPA cases.
This course includes a full HD video and an employee quiz.